top of page

Case Studies

Examples of our cutting edge tools that improve time to market and return on investment.

Automated Audio Sync with AudioPress

25,000 audio files needed to be ingested into a digital asset management (DAM) system for immediate distribution.  As anyone with experience knows, adding assets into a DAM system without looking at them first is a recipe for disaster and will lead to continued problems down the road.  A quick calculation showed that it would take a team of 30+ audio engineers almost a year to review everything by hand in audio bays.  This solution was untenable from a cost and timing perspective.  A different solution was needed.

With AudioPress™ and the massive scale available in AWS, all 25,000 were analyzed quickly.  Approximately 75% of the files were analyzed, conformed to a reference file and exported by AudioPress™.  These could get ingested right into the DAM without any human touch.  The remaining 25% of the files needed more complex review by a smaller team of audio engineers to get them to conform to the guide track.

Overall, the result was a dramatic reduction in both cost and timing. By the end of the project, all 25,000 audio files were ingested into a DAM and immediately ready for distribution and monetization worldwide for a fraction of the cost of the manual process.

Recording studio audio computer editing

Library Migration — Transformed entire catalog with speed and scale through
cutting-edge automation


Lionsgate, a world-class motion picture and television studio, faced the monumental task of normalizing its extensive film and TV catalog comprising over 18,000 titles, to facilitate content distribution worldwide. The catalog’s complexities included multiple versions, various aspect ratios, languages and subtitles.

Bitpress in action

Harnessing Bitpress’s suite of products, we designed a custom workflow to address the array of challenges. VideoPress trimmed content, establishing a singular Source of Truth master. AudioPress conformed ancillary audio languages, and SubPress ensured subtitle and caption consistency. With MasterPress, frame-accurate matching of derivative video masters to the established SoT was achieved. Orca had the pivotal role of orchestrating the entire process for seamless end-to-end delivery. 


The project significantly expedited catalog normalization, delivering a streamlined, consistent, and high-quality library ready for distribution on any platform. Bitpress showcased its ability to tackle diverse content library challenges at scale in record time.

Film Strip on a computer screen with lights in the background.png

Automated Textless Master Creation

A Labor Intensive Workflow

We approached this project carefully, as it was our very first undertaking creating masters automatically. Our client needed to create 1,000 textless masters very quickly to feed into a transcoding workflow for international distribution.  Manual efforts were simply not possible due to the time constraints.  We needed to come up with an innovative solution to save time and process large volumes of varied content quickly.

We setup MasterPress™ to fully analyze the source master, which was a full format texted master with textless at tail.  Using temporal fingerprinting, spatial correlation, and machine learning we configured MasterPress™ to automatically create a textless master from the source master file. 

Output files included a full format textless master with texted at tail, a textless master cut picture to picture with one second handles, and a CSV with timecodes of all of the texted events.

Image by Wahid Khene
bottom of page